IN THE BEGINNING
The North Baptist Church was organized in the year 1915 by Reverend Walker of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and a group of dedicated Christians formed a prayer group, which met from house to house. In a special prayer service this small group decided to formally organize, thus calling themselves the North Baptist Church. Later in 1915, Reverend Walker was called to be the first pastor of North Baptist Church. The first services and church meetings were held upstairs in the old of the Woodbury Coal & Supply Building situated on the Woodbury Creek. While still under Reverend Walker’s leadership, the church moved to Green Street Hall, where the building was better suited to the needs of the fledgling church.